This list is roughy arranged from lowest to highest carbohydrate counts, but all are non-starchy and generally low in carbohydrates. Exact carb count depends on serving size. Remember when counting carbs in vegetables that the fiber is not counted, and can be subtracted from the total.
* Sprouts (bean, alfalfa, etc.)
* Greens – lettuces, spinach, chard, etc.
* Hearty Greens – collards, mustard greens, kale, etc.
* Radicchio and endive count as greens
* Herbs – parsley, cilantro, basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.
* Bok Choy
* Sea Vegetables (Nori, etc)
* Cabbage (or sauerkraut)
* Cucumber (or pickles without added sugars)
* Peppers (all kinds)
* Summer Squash (including zuchinni)
* Scallions or green onions
* Bamboo Shoots
* Brussels Sprouts
* Snow Peas (pods)
* Green Beans and Wax Beans
* Artichoke Hearts
* Spaghetti Squash
* Celery Root (Celeriac)
* Turnip (see Carb Counts of Root Vegetables)
* Water Chestnuts
Starchy (High Carb) Vegetables
The main veggies to be avoided when reducing carbohydrates are the starchier vegetables:
* Carrots (depends on diet)
* Potatoes in all forms
* Winter Squashes (particularly acorn and butternut)